Monday, February 10, 2014

Wine Epiphanies...the best kind of epiphanies!

Yesterday after a long day of powerpoint, value chains, and benchmarking I decided it was in my best interest to sit and enjoy a glass of wine with a friend. I told myself I deserved it after the long hours of work. What I didn't deserve is the two other glasses of wine I guzzled down...and on an empty stomach...oops! But...good news. I woke up this morning feeling exuberant, full of energy, and better then I have in days. The winter blues have been getting me down, on top of other stuff, but sometimes all you need is a few too many glasses of wine to find clarity!

I find that every time I go through a rough patch, whatever that may be, I just need a little "mistake" drunk night to get me back on my feet.

Thoughts of clarity I came up with during this specific "mistake" night:

1) Just because I didn't make it to the workout class this morning (or all of last week...) doesn't mean I'm a failure at life. I can always go next time, and the time after that, and so on and so fourth until I get that six pack I have been craving since conception!

2) I don't need to defend the choices I make to ANYONE. Unless I want to.

3) I will make mistakes, and keep on making them for the rest of my life.

4) Its really refreshing to be honest with ones self. Like " He's just not that into you" style. Uh yeah I knew that...I just needed to tell myself again, thank you conscience.

5) I can and should feel however I want. If I'm mad, sad, happy, grumpy...whatever. LET YOURSELF FEEL THOSE THINGS! You don't always need to be one of those happy, smiling, annoying people.




ummm...yeah. The end.    

1 comment: