Friday, November 14, 2014

Fear of change!

I am a creature of habit, I have known this for quite some time.
I'm also a little OCD...I have to have my living area neat and tidy before I go to sleep, the bed made before I leave for work, the dishes cleaned as soon as they are used, and my closet in order of dresses, blouse's, cardigans, etc. 
When I go to a restaurant that I have been to before I usually order the same thing I always do. Just the other day I tried out a new restaurant, and when I went two days later I had to force myself to
order something different then I had the previous time.
I have lived in the same place for four years, had the same job for three, and lived in the same apartment for two. All of a sudden in the past month everything is changing, and all of a sudden I am freaken out, like bad, like quarter life crisis status...which is actually a legit thing! 
Why am I freaking out? What am I scared of?

I started a new job a few weeks ago. Bartender become bakery counter girl! It was quite a switch. For the past month I have found myself saying to people " yeah I'm not very good at my job." Yet why do I think that? Because its new, different, a change. Instead of simply being understanding of myself and how learning the ropes of a new job and position can take time, I simply sold myself short. Yet in the past few days I have started getting use to my new place of employment. I have found myself having the answers to costumers questions, not simply turning to look at one of my fellow coworkers with a dumb helpless look on my face. 


A few months ago my boyfriend and I decided we we gonna travel to Florida for the winter, so that I could attend a really good massage school and that we could escape the winter weather. Yet now that the time of departure creeps slowly closer I am filling my mind with doubts. What if we can't find a place to live? What if I hate the school? OMG there's gonna be Alligators, and Cobras, and the weather is gonna be terrible come June! Okay, so yes, all these questions are legit, yet what is the point of not trying? Of not taking the leap? Maybe this move, this change will open the doors of new possibilities, new friends, new adventures, and to be held back by fear is simply silly!


What I have to remember, what we all have to remember, is that no matter what situations we are met with in life we learn from them. I may not have all the answers at work, I may be moving somewhere that I hate, but from all these experiences I will learn something, and that is what living is about!

No comments:

Post a Comment