Sunday, January 26, 2014

To UNIBROW or not to UNIBROW? That is the question!







A VERY "HAIRY" SITUATION: The unibrow dilemma 
First of all...guy in the middle= extremely attractive! And despite my feelings on unibrows those piercing green eyes have me drooling ever so slightly. Actually to be perfectly honest he looks great with his unibrow, some people can just pull it off super well and for that I applaud them. On the other hand I really feel like unibrow's need to be banned, come on dude theres a huge caterpillar creature on your face and you may want to remove it ASAP?!! People are so funny about hair though, and depending on where you live(d), what your culture is and how you were raised the feelings on body hair changes.  Like the French: big into hair. Greeks? I feel like there always stereotyped to be removing body hair (I'm really generalizing, and I think I'm only saying that because in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" this was true.) I for one do not like body hair...away with it I say! I'm a eyebrow plucking fanatic to say the least...but why? Well just because I like the way I look with 2 eyebrows for one, and also because I grew up in a culture where girls were expected to be hair free. The other day someone said something to be that struck me and made me think (now your gonna laugh at me because its not deep or profound in any way yet I just said that it "struck" me...) Anyway they said that if they took a mascara wand to the hair in-between there eyebrows they would have a unibrow. So perhaps we all have unibrow's but with the lighter hair between some peoples brows you just aren't aware of it... I know I know...your world is ROCKED...your gonna quite your job and become a spokesperson for the unibrow! Ha!

I found this youtube video which is pretty entertaining...its a commercial for peanuts. The main chick is a messy, lumpy-ish (?), unibrow owning individual who has dozens of guys feening over her. The main reason for there lust is her peanut scent (due to the use of peanuts as her perfume) but I mean dangggg that girl got a unibrow! Part of me loves this video and the other part hates it. Pretty much they are saying that men are not attracted to women who don't pluck, wax, whatever to their eyebrows, along with the terrible message they are sending about females and body image. But gotta hand it to them...I was sucked in and loved when she rubbed her neck with peanuts.

In the end, I say rock whatever you want. If you like that extra hair between your eyes wear it proudly...you will not see me sporting one any day soon...but who knows I may meet the guy with the dreamy green eyes, fall in love, and have unibrow clad babies:)


2 comments: